Pinterest is a social networking platform that allows its users to save, share, and collect photos and other things.
Pinterest is home to people you may not necessarily want to vibe with like other social media platforms. To make matters worse, they may be fake profiles of a celebrity or public figure.
You may need to block these particular people in order to have an enjoyable time using Pinterest. In this case, you are no longer interested in the user’s boards or pins.
However, if you happen to have blocked someone mistakenly, you can unblock them.
If you don’t know how to go about this process, you are not alone.
This guide will show you how to unblock someone on Pinterest if you’ve blocked them, and when you’re done check out our other Pinterest guides:
- How to Block Content on Pinterest and Hide Pins from Unwanted Users
- Best Pinterest Alternatives to Use Instead
- How to Logout of Pinterest?
So How to Unblock Someone on Pinterest?
You should block someone on Pinterest if they are not following the Pinterest community guidelines and are spamming you.
The block button is one of the Pinterest features that ensures its users enjoy using the platform without spam profiles.
Since you have blocked someone, they will no longer be able to view your profile or board.
If you manage multiple accounts on Pinterest, you may have blocked a person by mistake. This happens when you are logged into your accounts and accidentally block a user.
Follow the steps below to unblock a Pinterest user on the mobile app or web.
On the web
1. Go to your profile page:
- The first step is to use the search bar to look up the individual’s name or username.
- Simply type the individual’s name into the search box and press the search button. Find the right individual in the list and click their name to view their profile.
- Searching for someone by username is easier than searching for them by name. Locating someone with a popular name takes a long time.
- So, if you already know the person’s username (for example, @abim org), you may just type it in to save yourself the trouble.
- You may also search for the user’s pin in your feed. If you find them, click on their name, and this will send you to the user’s profile.
2. Select “Unblock” from the drop-down menu.
- The person’s name will be visible after you open the profile. The username appears underneath the name, followed by their Pinterest followers count.
- Three icons appear below that: Share, Unblock, and Profile.
- To unblock that person, simply click the “Unblock” button.
- You haven’t blocked that individual if you don’t see the “Unblock” button.
Using mobile app
1. Start by launching your mobile app
- Enter the user’s display name or username in the search box
- Find the person you’re looking for in the list of alternatives and tap their name to get to their Pinterest page.
2. Click on the three-dots
- select the three dots after opening the user’s Pinterest profile.
- The three dots are situated on the right side of the “Follow” button.
- On tapping the dots, you can see the profile options.
- You have two options: Unblock and Report.
- Unblock the person by selecting the “Unblock button” from the list. You can also report the person by clicking the “Report” button.
Pinterest is more than a decade old and boasts more than 430 million active users. Therefore, there is always the possibility that you’ll come into contact with someone whose views, opinions, or interests are different from yours.
Pinterest users (referred to as Pinners) create boards to save pins (images or videos) that inspire them. Boards are also made by topic. Pinners also follow other users and interact with others’ boards.
There’s no need to worry if you were involved in a disagreement or argument with someone else while using Pinterest. All users can easily unblock another user if they wish to do so.
If you’ve blocked a user on Pinterest and wish to unblock them, follow the easy procedures detailed in this article.
- How to Change Pinterest Password: A Complete Guide - May 8, 2023
- How to Find Your Pinterest Profile URL - May 8, 2023
- How to Clear Pinterest Search History - May 8, 2023