Finding relevant, clear images and videos via the internet used to be a bit challenging. However, that changed once Pinterest was introduced and created a venue where users could share and access lots of images with just a click of a button. As a result, the social network has significantly grown its user base over the years; nowadays, thousands of pictures and videos are shared every minute. Moreover, it has a lot of helpful utility and security features to enhance user experience while protecting their accounts from intruders.
Some of these features are not accessible in plain view, and thus you might have difficulties locating them, especially if you just recently joined the social network. A good example is an option to log out of your account once you are done using the Pinterest app. Pinterest might be safe from hacking but leaving your account logged in, especially when sharing your device, can leave your account exposed. This article will show you how to log out of Pinterest across different device types to keep your account safe from unauthorized access.
How Does Pinterest Work?
Simply put, Pinterest can be described as a visual discovery engine that lets users find a variety of visual content from recipes, décor, fashion, screen savers, and many more. There are literally hundreds of thousands of pictures and videos which you can view and save as pins. Pins are like bookmarks on Pinterest; all the content you want to save to your board and profile will be added as pins. You can view your pins as often as you’d like, share them, or use them to create beautiful boards.
Searching for aesthetic pictures and videos is also easy. You can upload a photo or enter keywords on the search bar. Entering a search term, for example, “interior designs,” will provide you with thousands of search results, mainly consisting of home decorations and colorful art designs. After saving different types of content as pins, you can group them later on by using the board creator to form a group. We recommend choosing similar contents and adding them to a board with a suitable name and description. This will make it easier for you and other users to find related content after using the search bar.
There is also a “profiles” option on the search bar, which you can use to find creators, brands, and people related to your search. Chatting with friends is also possible, so you don’t have to leave the app whenever you want to share a link to a pin or a group board. Instead, send them a group board link, so they can become collaborators and help you add more aesthetic pictures to your board. You can also find seller’s websites on Pinterest when scrolling down their products catalog; all you have to do is press a button next to the item you would like to purchase, and you will be redirected to the seller’s website. Since Pinterest has so many features, we recommend visiting their website to learn more about them.
How to Logout of Pinterest on Your iPhone or Your iPad?
Once you get your daily dose of Pinterest, it’s time to log out. The steps will vary slightly depending on the device type and operating system it is running. Here is how to logout of Pinterest on iPad and iPhone:
- If you had closed the Pinterest app, relaunch it before proceeding
- Click the profile icon located in the bottom right corner of your screen
- On completion of the second step, find the settings icon in the top right corner of your screen and select logout
How to Log Out of Pinterest App on Android?
The steps here are in some way similar to the ones listed for the iOS version of Pinterest. Here is how to logout of Pinterest on Android:
- Launch the Pinterest app on your android phone
- Click the profile picture icon in the bottom right corner of the homepage
- Find and click the gear-shaped settings icon
- Scroll down to the bottom of the settings options and choose “logout.”
How to Logout of Pinterest on a PC?
You can also access Pinterest via your pc through their website “www.pinterest.com.” Follow the steps below to learn how to logout of Pinterest on computer:
- If you had already closed the tab you were using, enter the Pinterest URL on the browser search bar
- Move the cursor to the upper right corner of the Pinterest account and click the “settings icon.”
- Choose “logout” from the drop-down menu
How to Sign out of Pinterest on All Devices?
If you are signed in to Pinterest across multiple devices, manually logging out from each device might be time-consuming. Furthermore, you might have no physical access to the device you were using previously, especially if it was a public computer from a library, school, or cyber. Whatever the case, it’s fortunate that Pinterest gives us the option to sign out all devices remotely and simultaneously through a click of a button. So, here is how to log out of Pinterest on all devices:
- Click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of your screen and choose settings.
- Head to security and login
- On the security and logins page, select “show sessions” to get a list of current and recent sessions sorted according to device, date, and location.
- Choose “end activity” to remotely log out of any active session
What to Do if I Forget My Password?
You can sometimes set a password that’s too complicated or too long and end up forgetting what it was. However, this is a simple fix and thus should not prevent you from accessing your Pinterest account long as you still have access to your old email, which you used to set up the account. Follow these steps to reset your Pinterest password:
- First, open your browser and head to Pinterest’s “password reset page.”
- Find your account through your email or username.
- Click on “this is me” next to your account to reset your password
- Check your email inbox from the account that you had registered on Pinterest for a reset password link
- From the reset email, go to the “reset password” option
- Enter a new password and click “change password” once you are done
Pinterest is a good social network where you can find thousands of images and videos. Their site provides you with relevant search results and suggestions, which you can save as pins or share through different social media platforms. Follow the steps we provided in this article to learn how to log out of your Pinterest social media account to keep your account safe from unauthorized access.