Getting to follow other Pinterest accounts makes finding inspiring ideas much easier for you. If you yet have to learn how to follow someone on Pinterest, then this short read is especially for you.
If you follow people that share interests with you, better follow them to fill your Pinterest home screen with stuff you like. Make your time on the Pinterest platform more worth your while by having the convenience of being updated on your Pinterest home screen with the pins you want to see.
How to follow someone on Pinterest Using a Username
Following people on Pinterest involves a few easy steps. Let us dive into the meat of the matter and tackle the many ways you can follow other people on Pinterest.
You can follow someone on Pinterest by searching their Pinterest username. This will just be a matter of searching their Pinterest name for you to follow. Here is a more detailed list of steps to follow someone on Pinterest through their username:
1. Open the Pinterest app on your phone or visit Pinterest through a web browser.
2. Log in to your account if you haven’t already.
3. Click on the Search bar with the magnifying glass icon.
4. Type in the Pinterest username of the person you wish to follow.
5. Before clicking search, make sure you are looking for “People”.
6. Make the corresponding changes by clicking on the drop-down menu at the end of the search bar.
7. Click search.
8. Click on the ‘Follow’ button, and you will now be one of their Pinterest followers.
With these steps, you have helped their Pinterest growth and will now be privy to all their pins and boards on Pinterest.
Following People on Pinterest Through Desktop
Here are steps on how to follow someone on Pinterest using your Desktop:
1. On your desktop PC, visit Pinterest.com through a web browser.
2. Log in if you have not yet done so.
3. Click on the search bar at the top-most section of your Pinterest home screen.
4. Change the search parameters to “People” at the drop-down menu at the right-most end of the Pinterest search bar.
5. Type in the Pinterest username of the person you wish to follow.
6. Scan through the search results and click the ‘Follow’ button of the Pinterest profile you wish to follow.
Following People on Pinterest Through a Mobile Device
Following a Pinterest account is pretty much the same and just involves slightly different steps. Here is a guide on how to follow people on Pinterest using a mobile device:
1. Install the Pinterest app if you haven’t already done so.
2. Tap on the Pinterest app icon on your home screen.
3. Tap on the search icon represented by the magnifying glass on the bottom of your Pinterest home screen.
4. Enter the Pinterest username of the one you wish to follow.
5. Before tapping search, change the search parameters to ‘Profiles’ to search for people.
If you have the exact Pinterest username in your search, you will not need to change the search parameters.
Following people on Pinterest broadens the Pinterest experience by keeping your home feed updated with things you and these profiles are interested in. Accumulate profiles you want to follow to enjoy Pinterest.
Note that if a Pinterest you wish to follow is set to private, depending on its privacy settings, you may not be able to search for them through the methods we have just discussed.