Are you an artist who loves to draw but has no idea how to sell your work? Are you intimidated by the thought of setting up your online store? Or maybe you’ve tried selling your artwork online before, but it didn’t go as well as you had hoped.
Don’t worry; you’re not alone. Selling art online can be daunting, but it can be much easier with the right tips and advice. In this article, we will teach you everything you need to know about how to sell art on Pinterest.
Why You Should Sell Your Drawings on Pinterest
If you’re an artist, chances are you’ve considered selling your work at some point. And if you’ve considered selling your work, chances are you’ve also considered using Pinterest as a platform. After all, Pinterest is one of the most popular social media sites out there, and it’s known for being a great place to sell products and services.
But what about the art of sale? Can you make a living by selling your drawings on Pinterest? The short answer is yes! There are several reasons why selling your drawings on Pinterest can be a great way to make money. For one thing, Pinterest is a very visual platform, which means it’s ideal for showcasing your artwork.
Additionally, Pinterest makes it easy for people to purchase your artwork. All they have to do is click on a link, and they’ll be taken to your website or Etsy shop. If you’re looking for a way to reach new audiences and sell more art, then selling your drawings on Pinterest is worth considering.
Set up a Pinterest Business Page
As a business owner, you know the importance of social media. It’s a great way to connect with customers and promote your brand. And what better platform to use than Pinterest? With its visually-based format, Pinterest is the perfect place to showcase your products and services. Plus, setting up a Business Page on Pinterest is easy and free! Here’s how:
First, create a free account on Pinterest. Then, click on the “Create a Business Page” button. On the next Page, you’ll be asked to provide basic information about your business, including your business name, website, and location. Once you’ve entered this information, click the “Create Page” button.
Now that your Business Page is created, it’s time to start filling it out. Add a profile picture and cover photo that represent your brand. Then, start creating boards. These boards will be where you showcase your products and services. To add a product to a board, click on the “Add a Pin” button and enter the URL of the product page. You can also add a description and price.
Once you’ve created a few boards, it’s time to promote your Page. Share your boards on other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. You can also share individual pins on these platforms. In addition, include a link to your Pinterest Business Page in your email signature and on your website.
Define Your Target Audience
The first step to selling your drawings on Pinterest is to define your target audience. Who are you trying to reach with your artwork? Consider factors like age, gender, interests, and location. Once you’ve identified your target audience, you can start creating pins that appeal to them.
To get started, look at the boards of other artists who sell similar products. What kind of pins do they have? What kind of language do they use? Moreover, what kind of images do they use? Use these insights to inform the type of pins you create.
When creating your pins, include high-quality images and concise descriptions. Utilizing a bright call-to-action is also a great idea for your pins. Thus, you can encourage your potential customers to purchase your artwork and drawings. Including a CTA in your pins will help increase your click-through rate (CTR), which is the number of people who click on your pin divided by the number of people who see it.
Other Tips for Selling Your Drawings on Pinterest
In addition to setting up a Business Page, there are a few other things you can do to sell your drawings on Pinterest. Here are a few tips on how to sell your drawings:
- Use high-quality images: We all know that to sell our art, we need high-quality images. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words, right? But what exactly makes an image high-quality? And why is it so important to use high-quality images when selling art on Pinterest? Well, let’s start with the basics. An image is of high quality if it is clear, sharp, and correctly formatted. In other words, it should be free of any pixelation or blurriness and be sized properly for Pinterest. Additionally, the colors in the image should be true to life and vibrant. This may seem like a lot to ask for, but it’s worth it.
- Create interesting boards: In addition to using high-quality images, you must create interesting boards if you want to sell your drawings on Pinterest. Board topics should be specific and focused. For example, instead of creating a board called “My Artwork,” try something like “Landscapes” or “Figurative Drawings.” This will help people understand what kind of art you make and make it easier to find the pieces they’re interested in.
- Additionally, your boards should be visually appealing. Use images that are well-composed and offer a variety of colors and textures. And don’t forget to add descriptions! Descriptions help people understand your pins and allow you to use keywords that people may be searching for.
- Provide value: If you want to sell your drawings on Pinterest, you must provide value. This means more than just sharing pretty pictures of your work. You need to offer advice, tips, or resources that people will find helpful. For example, you could write blog posts about art techniques or share links to helpful tutorials. By providing value, you show potential customers that you’re an expert in your field and make it more likely they’ll purchase your work.
When selling artwork on Pinterest, it is important to be aware of copyright laws. Copyright protects the creator of original work from unauthorized use of their work. In other words, you cannot use someone else’s copyrighted material without permission.
So, how do you know if something is copyrighted? The best way to determine this is to search for the image on Google Images. If the image appears on multiple websites, it is likely copyrighted. Additionally, several symbols indicate copyright protection. The most common symbol is the © symbol.
If you are unsure whether an image is copyrighted, it is best to avoid using it. Instead, try using your own photography or artwork in your pins. This will help ensure that you comply with copyright laws and protect yourself from potential legal issues.
Selling artwork on Pinterest can be a great way to make extra money and build your brand. However, it’s important to understand the copyright laws that apply to selling art online. You can increase your chances of success by using high-quality images, creating interesting boards, providing value, and promoting your work.
- How to Find the Best Group Boards On Pinterest? Top Strategies - February 13, 2023
- How to stop notifications from Pinterest? - January 30, 2023
- How to Create Successful Pins on Pinterest Step by Step? - January 30, 2023